My Wee Wild World and Me.

I’m Jenny – 25 years old, living on the Isle of Cumbrae and I think about nature and wildlife A LOT. My parents think I am obsessed… and I think they might be right.

About 20 years agoSpotting birds at Sutherland Grove – one of my most favourite spots.

About 20 years ago, my primary 2 teacher wrote on my report card – “day dreamer”. And she could not have been more spot on. Six year old me loved to stare out the window and wonder about the world, and all these years later, I still do. I reckon about 70% of my daydreams are nature/wildlife/planet earth related. The other 30% probably consist of my dog (Hamish, a 14 year old cockapoo), carrot cake and Taylor Swift songs. So I decided to start this blog to write down and share some of those nature daydreams!

In 2016, I graduated from the University of the West of Scotland with a BSc in Zoology with first class honours. And last year, 2018, I graduated from the University of Strathclyde with a masters degree with disctinction in Environmental and Sustainability studies. I love studying, and I am constantly searching for new things to learn about our wonderful planet.

I am now living and working (at a field centre) in Millport, a small town on the Isle of Cumbrae. The island is a small, peaceful little place situated in the Clyde Sea, on the west coast of Scotland. The west coast of Scotland is a wonderful wee corner of the world – the magnificant coast lines are bursting with exciting marine life, the skies are full of birds, the forests thick with life and the horizons, lined with dramatic mountains. I am so lucky to live in such an exciting place – there are so many opportunities to explore right on my doorstep!

I want to use the blog as a space where I can share my wildlife sightings, photos and nature explorations, discuss my HUGE library of nature books and contribute to conversations about sustainability and climate change. I am excited to start this project and to see how it will turn out…

Welcome to my Wee Wild World.

#nature #wildlife #newblog #environmentalist #sustainability #biodiversity

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s